What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information
Upon registration and subscription, the user shall provide Usalama Technology Limited with:
- their bio-data and contact information:
- Information relating to any emergency service providers which they subscribe to:
- Contacts for the designated family member(s)/ friend(s):
- The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to use the Application unless you register with us.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
The Usalama Application uses GPS Technology to determine a subscriber’s location during an emergency so as to facilitate the dispatch of assistance during an emergency. The subscriber must, however, turn on the location services as provided for in settings on the mobile phone or as provided on the application. The subscriber’s location shall only be shared with other authorized users and contacts during an emergency.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Usalama Technology Limited shall only share the information in its possession with:
- third parties that are privy to the nature of the service being provided by the company and are bound by a confidentiality agreement;
- upon proper request by the State and /or any of its agencies in the course of conducting any investigations;
What are my opt-out rights?
A subscriber may uninstall the Usalama Application by using the standard uninstall processes as provided on their mobile device and/or network or send a request to opt-out via email, at email@example.com.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
Usalama Technology Limited shall automatically retain user provided data for a period of 24 months in safe custody. long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We A subscriber wishing to have their information deleted prior to the completion of 24 months should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that a minor or an unauthorized person(s) has provided us with information without their consent, they should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files.
Usalama Technology Limited shall provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect subscribers information in its possession.
Third Party Services
The Usalama Application relies on third party data carriers such as Internet Service Providers and Mobile Network Operators to transmit information. As such, Usalama Technology Limited shall not be liable for any communication failures resulting from errors/ downtime from the said data carriers.
If you have any questions regarding the use and/or privacy while using the Usalama Application, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.